Automotive software plays a vital role in the automotive industry. This industry has seen tremendous growth in the last few decades. The advancement graph in the vehicle industry is rising at significant growth. However, it is important for every industry to introduce new technology to customers.
The automotive software is the core of any vehicle which manages and controls the functioning of the vehicle. The vehicle industry has a smart and latest technology that makes a vehicle upgraded and smart in functioning. Not only the design of the car but the functioning and the software system, all changed the driving experience of the user.
Automotive software refers to a computer-based in-vehicle application that helps the cars to communicate with the users for better service. Therefore, it plays an important role in the betterment of control systems, safety systems, and other systems. This software allows the user to experience world-class features and use all the advanced technology without any additional cost.
What is Automotive Software
From the last few years, the vehicle industry uses automotive software in an ideal way. Further, there are many things that contribute to the increasing demand for automotive software. This software uses the embedded vehicle system software that included body control and comfort, telematics, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), infotainment, powertrain, safety, and communication.
Automotive software ensures better safety systems and operational systems along with the latest upgraded dashboard displays. Now, more cars with advanced features are included, with the help of automotive software. The functions of the cars are increasing, due to the automotive software, without adding a single penny in the cost. These advanced car drivers have more control, protection, and advanced features to smooth down the user’s driving experience.
This software is a set of instructions that help the user to communicate and execute the control system of the car. Additionally, the usage of the standardization of the product and the open-source platform leads to the decreasing cost of application. Automotive software allows the user to avail of all the advanced driving features under their car budget.
Classification of the automotive software
The automotive software is classified into small groups, which are based on different parameters. These groups are as follows:
On the basis of applications
There are many applications of the automotive software that prevails in the vehicle industry. But, that totally depends on the kind of vehicle you are addressing and the function that it performs. So, the following points are based on the applications of the software:
- Infotainment System – This system is a combination of entertainment screen and information systems like music, navigation display, etc.
- Biometrics – It allows the customer to access their vehicle through mobile applications or the sensors of the vehicle.
- Powertrain System – This system converts the engine power into the movement of the vehicle specifically include electric vehicles.
- ADAS & Safety Systems – It guides the user and provides them a better view of the entities around them to reduce accidents.
- Body Control and Comfort System – This system controls the working of power doors, lightning, power windows, etc. which makes the vehicle more comfortable for its user.
- Vehicle Management & Telematics – It provides the tracking facility to the user which is more suitable for commercial vehicles.
- V2X (Vehicle to everything) – This system helps the car to interact with every entity that may affect the vehicle or get affected.
On the basis of Vehicle type
There are many types of vehicles used for different purposes. So, the following mentioned category of the automotive vehicle based on vehicle type is:
- HCV (Heavy Commercial Vehicle) – HCVs are the big loading trucks with the maximum capacity that any vehicle can have. The automotive software helps the HCV to detect overloads and also helps the user to manage the traffic through screens and cameras.
- LCV (Light Commercial Vehicle) – These vehicles are trucks, having less capacity than HCVs. The software provides the LCV driver with the advanced braking system, control systems, and many more to utilize its capacity and avoid road accidents.
- Passenger Cars – The passenger car is the normal cars used for personal as well as business purposes. The embedded automotive software in cars helps the user in experiencing lavish and smooth driving.
- Electric Vehicles (EV) – These vehicles are based on the automotive software that plays a crucial role in the working of EVs. It provides charging management, battery management, and V2G systems to the electric vehicles.
To Sum up
Automotive software is a very important part of the vehicle industry, which brings a change in industry trends. It provides the users to experience the latest driving features like never before. This software has changed the dynamics of the industry which helped in adding new features to the vehicles like control systems, ADAS, safety systems, etc.
Therefore, the demand for automotive softwares is increasing. But, there are many other reasons like the increasing demand for advanced driver assistance systems, automated and electrified vehicles, and others. So, due to these reasons, The Global Automotive Software Market size is expected to rise at a market growth of XXX% CAGR during the forecast period.